Position: Assistant Superintendent
Date Available: March 2018
Terrace Park Country Club is a full-service private club located at the confluence of The Little Miami and East Fork Rivers in Milford, OH. Originally founded across the Little Miami in the Village of Terrace Park in 1910 as a 6 hole golf club. It wasn’t until 1931 when the club purchased land from a local farmer and moved to its present location to accommodate an 18 hole golf course and clubhouse. Today, membership enjoys a family friendly atmosphere with facilities to support activities for all four seasons of Cincinnati weather including a full size pool, fitness center, platform tennis, and an indoor golfing facility.
We are currently seeking motivated, detail oriented individuals to join our agronomy team as an Assistant Superintendent. This position works closely with and reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent to present an exceptional experience to our membership on a daily basis. Together with the current Assistant, the Assistant Superintendent will be tasked with the day to day operations of the grounds department.
As Assistant, you will be heavily involved in daily decision making, staffing, crew leadership, budgeting, project planning, plant protectant applications and moisture management. Successful candidates should have a firm understanding of golf course maintenance practices required to deliver consistent and quality turf conditions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- An awareness of the construction, establishment and maintenance practices employed on golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
- Familiarity with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners
- Experience at managing turfgrasses in the Transition zone
- Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf
- Able to evaluate the course from the player's perspective
- Train and supervise staff
- Assure assigned tasks are completed to specifications
- Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic controls and drainage
- Perform Irrigation repairs/installations
- Toro OSMAC experience a plus
- 3+yrs experience showing progressive responsibilities as AIT or Assistant
- Certificate or 2-4yr. degree related to turf
- Must have or obtain and maintain ODA pesticide applicator license within 6 months of entry into this job
- Must be able to pass a drug screening prior to employment
- Must possess a valid Drivers License
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Uniforms and On-site meals provided, PTO and Sick leave, Golfing Privileges, Dues, Education and Seminar Fees
Please send resumes to:
Terrace Park Country Club
5341 S. Milford Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45140
Or by email at: email@example.com