Looking to post a job opening? Send your opening to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Coldstream Country Club is a private original Dick Wilson Championship golf course located on the outskirts of Cincinnati, Ohio. Coldstream annually hosts both the Ohio Amateur Qualifier and the US Amateur Qualifier. It also plays host to the University of Cincinnati Men’s college invitational.
Coldstream is searching for a full-time Assistant Superintendent who is ready to join our turfgrass management team. The Assistant Superintendent will work beside the Golf Course Superintendent and all staff managers and will help lead the grounds staff in all daily maintenance practices. This individual must be extremely motivated, have a strong work ethic, be eager to continue to learn and ready to be a leader. This individual must know and understand the working expectations of maintaining championship conditions on a daily basis.
The Assistant Superintendent will be exposed to many new changes that will be occurring at Coldstream over the up coming years. With the beginning stages of a Golf Course Master Plan starting in 2018, this upcoming plan will expose the new candidate to valuable construction project experience such as bunker renovation, tee and fairway alignment, irrigation work and cart path renovation.
Education: Candidate must have a 2 or 4-year turfgrass management education or related field
Experience: Candidate must have multiple years of work experience on a golf course which includes internship experience as well as crew leadership experience. Candidate must have work knowledge of all types of golf course equipment including spray applications, granular applications and proper water management skills.
Benefits: Very Competitive salary depending on experience. 401K, Health, Dental, Life, Vision insurance. Uniforms and golf privileges.
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com or mail a hard copy to 400 Asbury Rd.
For more information about the club or the position please call 513-518-7448
Position is available ASAP
Spray Technician/2NDASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT GOLF COURSES OF Kenwood Country Club
Kenwood Country is currently seeking candidates for the position of Spray Technician/ 2ndAssistant Golf Course Superintendent. We are looking for a motivated individual to help continue maintaining our facility at a high level. Kenwood Is one of the Premier Country Clubs in Cincinnati.
Salary & Benefits:
Full time, very competitive wages based on experience
Health benefit plan, vacation pay, sick pay, holiday pay, uniforms, golf privileges
Associate degree in Turfgrass Management or equivalent or have minimum1-2 years experience as a turf technician.
The individual must have a minimum of 1-2 years practical golf course experience.Applicant must possess an Ohio spray license or be able to obtain one within 60 days of hire. The individual must be a self-starter, motivator, maintain a positive attitude, reliable, lead by example, organized, and have a strong attention to detail. The ability to work either Saturday or Sundayis necessary. The turf career minded individual must be on time, eager to learn, a team player, give input where necessary, and stay engaged.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Candidate will control spray operations with a spray fleet that is GPS enabled. When not applying turf health products duties will include but not be limited to course setup, mowing of playing surfaces (greens, tees, fairways, roughs), bunker and natural area maintenance, ability to operate tractors and attached implements, hand watering to playing surfaces. Other duties include proper handling, tracking, record keeping and inventory of all plant health products.
Sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golf Courses of Kenton County is currently seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. We are looking for a motivated individual to help continue maintaining our facility at a high level. We have three 18-hole golf courses (Pioneer, Willows & Fox Run) on property and managed by Davey Golf.
Full time, competitive wages based on experience
Associate degree in Turfgrass Management or equivalent or have 3-4 years experience as an Assistant.
Experience as assistant superintendent with Skills and talents to move into a superintendent’s position in 1-2 years
Must pass Pre-employment drug screen and background check
Must possess valid driver’s license
Must possess a current pesticide applicator's license or ability to acquire within 90 days of hire
Responsible for 1 - 18 hole course and assist with managing the other 2 - 18 hole courses.
Maintain all golf course grounds, driving range, maintenance facility and related infrastructure per maintenance standards on a consistent basis.
Assist the Superintendent in preparing and managing department budget.
Assist with hiring quality individuals for full staff and train employees regularly throughout the year (not a one-time event). Track training progress for each individual employee.
Implement daily scheduling board that includes the tasks or multi-tasking of the employees work day.
Assist the Superintendent with personnel recordkeeping of all employee related activities (including performance evaluations, disciplinary forms and other pertinent records to support employee history)
Utilize agronomic plan and record keeping for agronomic success, which includes sound pesticide, fertilizer and cultural applications.
Maintain irrigation system functionality and efficiently.
Help manage and maintain equipment fleet to highest level of equipment standards.
Meet with and communicate with GM/head golf professional as directed by Superintendent.
Sending resume to John.Vice@davey.com
Three years golf course experience with history of increasing responsibilities. This is a working position where you will gain experience by doing, planning, supervising and evaluating our efforts.
I'm looking for someone who desires to move forward in their career path and has the drive to reach their goal with my assistance and guidance. Five previous assistants have moved on successfully to superintendent jobs in the last fifteen years. What they all shared was great work ethic, resilience, sense of humor, pride and a touch of humility. These qualities helped temper the effort and hours dictated by our goals of excellence.
Located in the Cincinnati suburb of Indian Hill Camargo is a wonderful Seth Raynor designed golf course. Camargo is featured in many Top 100 lists and is the premiere private club in the area. It is a unique golf course and we continually experiment in our quest for improvement.
Health, vision, dental and life insurance, 401k, meals, uniforms and clothing allowance, golf privileges, local and GCSAA dues and vacation
$41,000 plus overtime
Salary - $45,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience
Club contributes 50% of single health coverage
Dental and Vision available – employee paid
1 gas fill up provided weekly
1 meal provided daily
Anyone interested send a resume to:
Mr. Southerland at email@example.com.
Position: Assistant Superintendent
Date Available: March 2018
Terrace Park Country Club is a full-service private club located at the confluence of The Little Miami and East Fork Rivers in Milford, OH. Originally founded across the Little Miami in the Village of Terrace Park in 1910 as a 6 hole golf club. It wasn’t until 1931 when the club purchased land from a local farmer and moved to its present location to accommodate an 18 hole golf course and clubhouse. Today, membership enjoys a family friendly atmosphere with facilities to support activities for all four seasons of Cincinnati weather including a full size pool, fitness center, platform tennis, and an indoor golfing facility.
We are currently seeking motivated, detail oriented individuals to join our agronomy team as an Assistant Superintendent. This position works closely with and reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent to present an exceptional experience to our membership on a daily basis. Together with the current Assistant, the Assistant Superintendent will be tasked with the day to day operations of the grounds department.
As Assistant, you will be heavily involved in daily decision making, staffing, crew leadership, budgeting, project planning, plant protectant applications and moisture management. Successful candidates should have a firm understanding of golf course maintenance practices required to deliver consistent and quality turf conditions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Uniforms and On-site meals provided, PTO and Sick leave, Golfing Privileges, Dues, Education and Seminar Fees
Please send resumes to:
Terrace Park Country Club
5341 S. Milford Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45140
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Brown’s Run Country Club, 6855 Sloebig Road, Middletown, Oh 45042
· Previous experience as a head Golf Course Superintendent or at least 5 years as an assistant superintendent
· 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field
· A bachelor’s degree with a 2 year certification from a Turfgrass/Golf Course Management program
About the Company:
Brown's Run Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Madison Township, Ohio
Brown's Run Country Club was established in 1956 when a group of Middletonians utilized the rolling terrain of the Niderdale Dairy Farm to build a golf course. The course, designed by William & David Gordon opened for play in 1958. For over a half century Brown's Run is still a member-owned club.
Brown's Run features bent grass fairways, and it is a par 72 that stretches over more than 6,830 yards. Four sets of tees accommodate all skills levels. The USGA rates the course as 73.1 with a slope rating of 123. The classic tree-lined fairways place a priority on accuracy and shot placement.
· Reports to the Golf Director and General Manager.
· The Golf Course and Grounds Superintendent is responsible for all operations related to the golf course, grounds and all equipment needed to deliver excellence.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to: turfgrass management, staff management, equipment management, golf course maintenance operations, budget forecasting and expenditures, proper water management, proper pesticide applications which include recording & compliance with state and local regulations, direct communications with the Golf Director and Green’s Chairperson about course operations.
· Maintain the golf course and its playability to the satisfaction of the Club’s Board of Directors, Green Committee & membership.
· Maintain Har-Tru tennis courts and swimming pool grounds.
· Have the vision and drive for the golf course’s continued improvement, development and conditioning, while maintaining today’s high standards of playability.
· Administer and enforce all club rules, regulations and personnel policies.
· Recruit, supervise & coordinate the scheduling of the golf course staff including hiring, training, evaluating and disposition of employees.
· Oversee the maintenance, scheduling and repair of all golf course maintenance equipment.
· Responsible for inventory & cost control for maintaining the golf course.
· Develop annual budget & plans for the maintenance and capital improvement projects.
· Provide recommendations for improvements & capital equipment expenditures for the golf course, those of which will continue the growth & development of the club.
· Work closely with the Golf Director & Greens Committee to operate the golf course in a fiscally responsible & professional manner.
· Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
· Have computer skills necessary to manage the course and to communicate with membership.
· Design landscape plans for facility grounds & is able to implement the plans.
· Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and pesticide application certificate.
· Knowledge of managing high-end quality playing conditions in transition zone.
· Knowledge of use and operating of all standard golf course equipment.
· Pass a drug and background check
· Knowledge of safe use, mixing & application of chemicals and commercial products.
· Knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf and be a golfer.
· Knowledge of proper irrigation system controls, maintenance and installation.
· Knowledge of small on-course construction planning, budgeting and implementation.
· High level of dedication to the golf course conditions and course improvements.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and electronically with the Board of directors and members.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience. Benefits include: 2 weeks paid vacation and education and seminar fees.
Start Date: March 15, 2018
Return responses and questions to email@example.com
Company: Miami View Golf Club
8411 Harrison Pike
Miamitown, Oh 45002
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include: health insurance, paid vacation, education and seminar fees, association dues and a matching 401K plan.
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Return responses to Jim.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Miami View Golf Club, 8411 Harrison Pike, Cleves, Oh 45002
Devou Park golf course is currently seeking candidates for the positon of assistant golf course superintendent. Devou Park golf course is an 18 hole golf course located in Devou Park, only minutes from downtown Cincinnati, Ohio and professionally managed by Devou Properties Management Company LLC.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in all aspects of the maintenance of the golf course; supervises and/or participates in the repair of equipment; and does related work as required. Some weekend work will be required to prepare the golf course for weekend play and events. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
· Assists in planning, supervising and maintenance of the golf course; Assists in scheduling work and supervising the employees and the use of the equipment.
· Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; operates and calibrates pesticide and fertilizer application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
· Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
· May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
· Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including pumps and automatic controls.
· Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
· Possession of a valid driver's license.
· Must have or be able to attain a state of Kentucky pesticide applicator license within 60 days.
Salary and Benefits
· Up to $28,000 based on qualifications.
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· 3% IRA match
· Local and national GCSAA chapter dues
· Vacation and sick time available based on time accrued
Resumes or inquiries may be sent to the Golf Course Superintendent,
Ron Freking: email@example.comMobile:859-802-6875