Devou Park golf course is currently seeking candidates for the positon of assistant golf course superintendent. Devou Park golf course is an 18 hole golf course located in Devou Park, only minutes from downtown Cincinnati, Ohio and professionally managed by Devou Properties Management Company LLC.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in all aspects of the maintenance of the golf course; supervises and/or participates in the repair of equipment; and does related work as required. Some weekend work will be required to prepare the golf course for weekend play and events. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
· Assists in planning, supervising and maintenance of the golf course; Assists in scheduling work and supervising the employees and the use of the equipment.
· Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; operates and calibrates pesticide and fertilizer application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
· Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
· May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
· Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including pumps and automatic controls.
· Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
· Possession of a valid driver's license.
· Must have or be able to attain a state of Kentucky pesticide applicator license within 60 days.
Salary and Benefits
· Up to $28,000 based on qualifications.
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· 3% IRA match
· Local and national GCSAA chapter dues
· Vacation and sick time available based on time accrued
Resumes or inquiries may be sent to the Golf Course Superintendent,
Ron Freking: firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile:859-802-6875