Golf Course Superintendent's Position
World of Golf, Florence, KY
The World of Golf is seeking a golf course superintendent to manage and oversee an 18-hole executive golf course and large driving range. The World of Golf Course Superintendent is expected to provide quality leadership and will lead and manage their department to ensure superb golf course conditioning on a daily basis. The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for all day-to-day course and grounds operations at the World of Golf.
· The facility hosts approximately 22,000 rounds per year.
· The club has full practice facility which for the last three years has been named a Top 50 driving range by Golf Range Magazine.
· The golf course has bluegrass fairways, mixture of both warm and cool season grass tees and bent grass greens.
Professional Skills, Requirements and Responsibilities
· The candidate is responsible for the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course and surrounding clubhouse grounds.
· The position requires a minimum of 2+ years of experience as a golf course superintendent or assistant superintendent.
Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, establishing maintenance expectations and directs the staff on daily job duties and tasks.
· Develops weekly operational plans and works closely with the Director of Golf on events and projects.
· Performs all job duties, establishes and maintains all records required by State and Local Governments.
· Oversees and maintains all maintenance equipment and buildings.
· Renders professional advice, opinions and assistance when necessary on all golf course concerns.
· Responsible for annual budgeting, capital improvements, Long-range planning and equipment purchasing.
· Works in conjunction and cooperation with the Director of Golf and the City of Florence, KY.
Plans all maintenance and project work, applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed upon maintenance standards.
· Responsible for all maintenance purchases, exercises cost controls to stay within approved budgets and responsible for inventory control.
· Continuously strives to improve the turf and playing conditions that is expected by Director of Golf and the City of Florence.
· Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of current Federal, State and Local laws and regulations; which includes but not limited to employment, safety and environmental standards.
· Must possess Certified Applicators License or the ability to obtain one.
· Possess the computer skills to operate our irrigation system with sound water management philosophies.
· Strong observational skills, detail oriented and highly organized.
· Using excellent customer oriented service skills, establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees and members.
· Working knowledge of:
- A) The maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens
- B) Seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees
- C) Characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners, herbicides and pest control methods and materials
- D) Drainage control methods, and irrigation systems, including pumps and automatic controls.
· Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
· Possession of a valid driver's license.
· Must have or be able to attain a state of Kentucky pesticide applicator license within 60 days.
Salary and Benefits
· Up to $35,000 based on qualifications.
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· 3% IRA match
· Local and national GCSAA chapter dues
· Vacation and sick time available based on time accrued
Resumes or inquiries may be sent to Ralph Landrum, 7400 Woodspoint Drive,
Florence, KY 41042 email@example.com 859-802-3478