Kenwood Country Club opened in 1930 as is one of only a few clubs in America that is over 90 years of age and has 36 holes. Kenwood is one of only 20 of the 36-hole golf club group that has hosted a major national tournament: the 1933 U.S. Amateur, the Western Open in 1954, and the U.S. Women’s Open
· Works closely with, advises and coordinates with Golf Course Superintendent and the Director of grounds and golf course.
· Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
· Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
· Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
· Works closely with other department heads to coordinate and accomplish tasks, goals, and events.
· Ability to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
· Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, and trees on the facility.
· Directs and assists staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning, trimming of trees and shrubs, and the preparation of soil plant beds.
· Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
· Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment.
· Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local state and federal regulations.
· Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
· Assists Clubhouse/Pool/Tennis staff with maintenance issues as needed.
· Reports weekly water meter readings from clubhouse and pool meters.
· Coordinates and schedules daily tasks / course setup
· Assists with all planting, fertilizing, and chemical applications.
· Inspects course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
· Assists with development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
· Perform golf course maintenance tasks as assigned by Golf Course Superintendent
· Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Prior golf course maintenance experience required.
· Prior supervisor experience a plus
· Great opportunity for a 2nd Assistant, Irrigation Tech or Spray Tech who is seeking to advance in their career.
· Must be willing to work in outside environmental conditions.
· Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays.
· Must have or obtain an Ohio Pesticide license within 90 days as well as have a Valid Driver’s license
· Associates Degree or greater in Turf related field
· Benefits include but not limited to medical, Dental, 401k with match, paid vacation.
· 48k-55k BOE
Send resume to email@example.com