Under the direction of the Director of Grounds and Golf Course Operations and the Equipment Technician, the Assistant Equipment Technician at Kenwood Country Club works in the repairing and maintenance of various gasoline and diesel-powered golf maintenance equipment. The Assistant Equipment Technician also assists in maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building, contributes to a preventative maintenance program, and warrants safety procedures as a top priority.
· Communicates any needs or problems relating to maintenance or repair of equipment with the Equipment Technician.
· Inspects diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various pieces of golf course maintenance equipment on a regular basis.
· Works with Equipment Technician to prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work
· Sets up and modifies new equipment as needed.
· Repairs and adjusts engines and cutting mechanisms on various heavy and light mowing equipment.
· Keeps maintenance equipment fueled, oiled and inspected; and performs related tasks as required.
· Keep up with preventative maintenance schedule, i.e. oil, grease, air, gas, etc.
· Inspect equipment on course.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Valid Driver’s License and possibly a Commercial Driver’s License.
· Requires a working knowledge of the general operation of gasoline, diesel and electric powered equipment, the proper methods of servicing golf course equipment, and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment.
· Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division).
· Requires a mechanical ability; ability to use common mechanical tools.
· Requires the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and the public.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
· Requires assisting in a clean and well-organized parts inventory room.
· Requires adhering to proper recycling and/or disposal of various oils, compounds and other fluids (antifreeze, oil filters, etc.)
· Requires assisting in an effective, daily inspection of golf course maintenance equipment.
· Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends
· High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
· One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training preferred.
· Benefits include but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401K Paid Vacation, Paid education
· $21.00/hr +++ BOE
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org