Sycamore Creek Country Club is looking to fill the 2nd Assistant Superintendent position. The 2nd Assistant works directly with the Golf Course Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent to direct and participate in the maintenance of the golf course areas, including but not limited to, tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The 2nd Assistant Superintendent may open the maintenance shop and run operations in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Strongly motivated to align and partner with staff to complete all tasks to the highest standards and achieve team goals.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in grounds construction, landscaped area maintenance work and building maintenance and improvement.
- Proficiency in computer use, knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications as specified by supervisor.
- Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of agronomy, turfgrass science and the rules of golf.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Ability to obtain an Ohio Pesticide Applicator License.
- $14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience.
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance.
- Golf privileges.
- Discounted meals at clubhouse.
- Dues paid to local and national associations
Interested candidates can email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or call at (937) 748-1532.