Mechanic / Equipment Manager Job Description
Legendary Run Golf Course is recognized as one of the premiere golf courses in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Located on the east side of Cincinnati, LRGC is an eighteen hole public golf course that also offers limited memberships.
We are looking for a dependable person with a passion for the industry, who desires to become an integral part of a successful and enjoyable work environment.
Education: High School Diploma a must; Trade certificate/degree preferred
Experience: A minimum of three years of mechanic experience preferred
Salary: $37,000 to $45,000
Reports to: Head Grounds Superintendent
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Repair and maintenance of golf course equipment including but not limited to inspection, diagnosis, and repair of mechanical defects and failures. Equipment includes diesel, electric, gasoline-powered, and hydraulic.
· Ensures high quality mower setup and has an eye for detail.
· Observes mowers and other equipment in the field to ascertain proper operation and quality of cut on the various terrain of the golf course.
· Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
· Maintains a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
· Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, frequently making emergency equipment repair on the course.
· Services or supervises the servicing of equipment prior to use.
· Monitors employee’s use of equipment, including the training phase for new employees.
· Willingness to assist, as needed, in maintaining course grounds.
· Knowledge of a variety of equipment repair tools and repair procedures.
· Working knowledge of theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
· Willingness to work in less than desirable weather conditions, when necessary, to repair equipment.
· Ability to diagnose mechanical problems while determining expedient repair procedures.
· Knowledge of, and skill in reel grinding.
· Skill in irrigation repair.
· Basic skills in welding.
· Knowledge of and/or the ability to play the game of golf, and an understanding of how job performance affects the playing conditions that are vitally important to our customers.
· Physical ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds.
Applicants or those seeking additional information are asked to contact Scott Caparso at email@example.com, or Mike Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.