Boone County Fiscal Court is now hiring for a Golf Course Superintendent for our Boone Links and Lassing Golf Courses. The salary range is $69000-$72000 per year depending on experience, plus a generous benefit package. If interested in applying, please go to www.boonecountyky.org.
This is a responsible supervisory and technical work position in directing the maintenance activities of a golf course. An employee in this class is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and supervising the activities of employees engaged in the maintenance of the grounds and facilities of a golf course. Duties are performed under the general direction of the Director of Grounds with limited supervision.
Major Essential Duties
· Plans, directs and manages activities to maintain and improve the facilities and grounds of the golf course including the upkeep of buildings, fences, greens, tees, fairways, grass and general landscaping.
· Plans, schedules, supervises and evaluates the work of subordinates (2-5 FTE & 20-25 Seasonal); may participate in assignments.
· Assists in the preparation and proper allocation of the department budget.
· Supervises the Maintenance and repairs for all equipment involved in the maintenance and improvement of the facilities and grounds of the golf course including the maintenance of cartpaths, and the upkeep of buildings, fences, greens, tees, fairways, grass and general landscaping.
· Assists in developing long-term plans for improving operations and attaining more effective and efficient maintenance and improvement methods.
Responsibilities may include the following in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws for all positions of county government under the direction of the Judge/Executive's Office:
Supervise all staff and volunteers within the Golf Courses’ Grounds Area which may include the following:
· Assist with hiring, training, development and work assignment
· Evaluate job performance
· Provide complaint and problem resolution
· Enforce policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience
· Graduate of a college or university with a BS degree, majoring in turf management or related field or
· Graduate of a high school or equivalent supplemented by five years of experience in turf management and experience in the renovation or construction of a turf related facility
· Proven leadership, time management and problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills