Camargo Club located in Indian Hill, Ohio a suburb of Cincinnati is seeking an enthusiastic, team player to join their team as an Assistant Superintendent.
Camargo strives to maintain a management team of three assistants and up to 30 crew members to allow a rotation of responsibilities and exposure to all areas. Weekends are also rotated in the same manner with the goal being responsibility for one weekend out of three. The job is structured to allow the successful candidate to grow quickly in knowledge, responsibility and experience. This is accomplished through direct responsibility and accountability, coaching, attendance of local and state educational events and opportunities to volunteer at tournament locations.
This coupled with Camargo’s reputation of excellence will allow you to move on quickly and successfully in your upward career path.
Initial Priorities of Position:
The Assistant Superintendent position is integral to the completion of our goal of preparing the golf course to a high level of playability. As a team we will accomplish this with communication and meeting our daily responsibilities which for an assistant will include but not be limited to:
- Efficient supervision of staff, includes hiring, management, scheduling, training and
- Integrated pest management through scheduling, budgeting, implementation and record
- Irrigation system management, troubleshooting, planning/scheduling repairs to system
- Water management to help maintain firm and fast conditions
- Provide honest feedback concerning staff and conditions with management team.
- Assist with developing and budgeting for operations and projects
Education and Experience:
- Education in turfgrass/agronomy preferred but not required.
- A work history in golf course care
Success Traits of Individual:
- An attitude of respect
- Desire to learn
- Healthy sense of pride in one’s work and
- Sense of humor will do much for success
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary $65,000 to $72,000/year
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance
- Local and national dues
- Local and state conferences/educational events
- 401k with club contribution
Designed by acclaimed architect, Seth Raynor, Camargo Club has enjoyed acknowledgement as a Top 100 golfhttps://tylerbloom.applytojob.com/apply/XEN6vrwAHB/Assistant-Golf-Course-Superintendent
course. With a 1925 inception the club is fast approaching its centennial. In recognition of the upcoming event the club undertook a renovation last summer and fall to prepare the course for another 100 years of service. Work included restoration of a green site, tee sites, fairway expansions, bunkers, complete irrigation system, drainage and greens regrassing to 007XL.