Helena Agri Ent., LLC SW Ohio Specialty Sales Position
At Helena, our Sales Representatives serve on the front line between our business and our customers and are a key component to our success. Our Sales Representatives are tasked with building personal relationships with our customers to help them identify agronomic solutions and offer our high-quality products to help them enhance performance, increase productivity and maximize their return on investment. Our salesforce also seeks out new business to help us grow and expand into new markets to ensure Helena continues to remain a leader as one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers.
Candidates must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the designated sales territory.
The employee's primary duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of Helena or Helena's customers. This also includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
What your day may look like
· Calls on regular or prospective customers to drive new business. Driving is required.
· Demonstrates products and provides essential information (i.e. product availability, price, new developments, and market trends.)
· Answers questions concerning products such as price, credit terms, and durability.
· Completes sales contracts and forms to record required sales information and collects receivables in a timely manner.
· Promotes products at trade shows and conferences.
· Maintains a high level of technical expertise and strives to achieve the market's sales goals.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of requirements of company credit policy regulating credit sales.
· Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
· Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Education and experience needed for this position
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree is preferred.
· One to two years of related experience required.
· Sales experience, especially agriculture sales experience is highly preferred.
· Recent college graduates with intern experience will also be considered.
Other skills that will help you succeed
· Excellent communication skills.
· Certified Crop Advisor License is preferred.
· Working knowledge of fertilizer formulating is preferred.
· Working knowledge of agricultural precision information technology is preferred.
· Valid driver's license is required.
· Travel up to 25 percent is required.
The work environment and the physical aspects of the job
At Helena, safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could be potentially harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position may require the employee to work in an outdoor setting in all types of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements. When working outdoors and possibly around moving equipment/mechanical parts, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Who we are
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC is one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers. We rank near the top nationally in volume and sales for crop production products, fertilizer, custom application, seed and precision agriculture, turf management, industrial weed control, forestry, aquatics and more. As a solutions provider, we help our customers make critical decisions about soil variability, nutrient and water availability, seed selection and pest management. We take pride in working with our growers beyond the sale, helping them in every aspect of their business.
Helena operates under several main business groups -- Helena Products Group, AGRIntelligence, Helena Industries, LLC and Diversified Applications, Inc.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their leader and team. Our family-like culture is centered on our successful business model -"People...Products...Knowledge." "People" being the first for good reason. When our employees are treated right and feel cared for, our customers thrive and our business grows.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at https://helenaagri.com/careers.
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.