Golf Maintenance Technician FT
Full - TimeService/Maintenance
Little Miami Golf Center, Newtown, OH, US
9 days agoRequisition ID: 1604
Salary Range:$21.0000 Hourly Onwards
Join our team as a Golf Maintenance Technician at the Little Miami Golf Course! At Great Parks, our team members work together to preserve and protect natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations.
The Golf Maintenance Technician performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks to maintain and improve grounds, equipment and facilities at this golf course.
- Resolves routine problems and ensures work is completed as directed and in conformance with quality standards. Requires weekend, holiday, early morning and evening work.
- Performs various grounds maintenance tasks at this golf course.
- Applies fertilizer, pesticides and aquacides.
- Clears brush and small trees.
- Mows right of way, rough areas, and golf course playing surfaces.
- Plants flowers, shrubs, trees and grass seed.
- Water and fertilize plants, prunes trees and shrubs, weeds flower beds and performs other gardening tasks as directed.
- May assist with snow removal from roadways, parking areas and walkways.
- Performs minor mechanical repairs and performs routine preventive maintenance to small gasoline engines in tractors, mowers, pumps, utility carts, trucks and other equipment.
- Adjusts reel and rotary mowers for proper cutting heights and correct quality of cut.
- Performs annual, or as needed mower repairs and rebuilding work.
- May participate in annual reel mower grinding and sharpening program.
- Performs janitorial responsibilities.
- Performs irrigation and other minor plumbing repairs.
- Performs minor building and carpentry repairs.
- Responds to public questions and represents Great Parks in a positive manner at all times.
- Places a high priority on employee and guest safety. Ensures compliance and adherence to safety procedures, training is completed and documentation is maintained.
- Purchases supplies and equipment as assigned. Adheres to purchasing card procedures and submits expenditures for supervisor approval. Logs work performed, problems encountered, parts used and other required information.
Employee regularly lifts or exerts force on items up to 25 pounds, with occasional weights in excess of 50 pounds.
Building, facility, equipment and grounds maintenance methods and equipment; turf care; horticulture; pesticide application methods and safety procedures; plumbing; electrical wiring; carpentry skills; GPHC policies and procedures.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is: High School Degree or GED with 2 years prior work experience in golf course maintenance or grounds/park maintenance.
LICENSE OF CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets GPHC current carrier guidelines; State of Ohio Pesticide Applicator’s License within one year of employment.
Starting pay for this position is $21.00 based on experience and education.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance; paid vacation, holidays and sick time; enrollment in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks of Hamilton County recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.