Job Description: Grounds Superintendent
Reports to: Director of Golf Course Maintenance
Directly Supervises: Grounds Crew, Horticulturist, Mechanic
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Losantiville Country Club was founded in 1902 as is a Tom Bendelow designed golf course. The course features bentgrass greens, tees, and fairways. The club is the home course for the University of Cincinnati’s Women’s Golf Team. Currently, the course is in the middle of a Golf Course Enhancement Project that includes new forward tees on every hole, new back tees, reshaping of some fairways, and renovation of every bunker of the golf course.
Under the supervision of the Director of Golf Course Maintenance, the Superintendent will be responsible for all aspects of golf course maintenance.
The Superintendent must be motivated, passionate about the industry, and possess a strong work ethic.
· Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
· Works closely with the club’s General Manager and Head Golf Professional on issues related to golf course maintenance.
· Oversees the day-to-day operations of the golf course, including, but not limited to, mowing the fairways and greens, replacing divots,
· Maintains a safe working environment by training the grounds crew the proper use of all equipment used and compliance with the appropriate regulations (OSHA & EPA)
· Participates in creating annual operating budget and plans for golf course maintenance, and monitoring expenses to ensure they do not exceed the budget.
· Works closely with Director of Golf Course Maintenance in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies to maintenance of the golf course.
· Possess thorough knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners, herbicides, and pest control methods & materials.
· Possess thorough knowledge of drainage control methods, watering & irrigation systems, including wells, pumps, and automatic controls.
· Other job duties as assigned by the Director of Golf Course Maintenance. The essential job functions of this job are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
· Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
· 3 years’ experience as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent with extensive knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies used in golf course grounds maintenance.
· 2-year degree in Turf Management or related field
· Ohio Pesticide Application License or the ability to obtain
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
· The duties associated with this position are generally performed in an outdoor setting. Exposure to wet, humid, hot, and cold conditions are frequent.
· Regularly working near moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery.
· Lifting approximately 30 – 50 pounds.
· Prolonged sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, and usage of mechanical and power equipment.
Salary & Benefits
· Salary: $65,000.00/year (Full-Time, Exempt)
· Annual Bonus Structure
· Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
· Dues paid for Local & National Golf Course Superintendent Association
· Paid Vacation & Personal Time
· Education & Seminar Fees Paid
Please email Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional References to Tom Judd at email@example.com