Full - TimeTechnicians
Anderson Township, OH, US
16 days ago Requisition ID: 1327
APPLY TO ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
Join our team as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent! Great Parks is seeking a qualified professional to assist in maintaining our beautiful Vineyard Golf Course. At Great Parks, our team members work together to preserve and protect natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations.
A successful Assistant Golf Course Superintendent provides assistance and support to the Golf Course Superintendent with daily maintenance and care of golf course turf, landscaping, irrigation, equipment and facilities within assigned location(s). Trains, schedules and directs work of part-time golf maintenance staff. Mows turf, applies turf chemicals and ensures safe conditions for guests and staff.
Be a part of an inclusive organization that enriches the region by inspiring nature-based experiences, celebrating cultural heritage and building strong and healthy communities through our dedicated staff, volunteers and friends
- Carries out functional supervision responsibilities in accordance with Great Parks’ policies, applicable laws, and delegated authority. Coordinates work assignments, trains employees, provides guidance, resolves work issues, and ensures work complies with Great Parks’ policy and performance standards.
- Assumes temporary responsibility for golf course conditions, staff and equipment in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Collects information on course conditions and implements work flow with full-time and part-time employees, and volunteers, as assigned.
- Orders and purchases supplies. Maintains purchasing records and is responsible for purchasing card expenditures.
- Maintains and reviews chemical application records. Inspects and calibrates equipment used for chemical applications.
- Applies and/or coordinates the application of all turf related chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, fertilizer and fungicides.
- Basic knowledge of the mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components involving the ongoing pump station maintenance.
- Competent to operate computerized irrigation control system, if applies.
- Operate satellite controllers, including with hand-helds, if applies.
- Operates golf equipment and vehicles. Assists with janitorial responsibilities. Performs irrigation and other minor plumbing repairs. Performs minor building and carpentry repairs.
- May assist with snow removal from roadways, parking areas and walkways.
- Responds to public questions and represents Great Parks in a positive manner at all times.
- Places a high priority on employee and guest safety. Ensures that safety precautions are taken, training is completed and documentation is maintained.
- Completes cost accounting, monthly reports, and other reports. Tracks part-time employee hours worked and maintains work schedules.
- Works and communicates effectively with other departments, leadership, peers and subordinates. Attends and participates in meetings. Completes required training.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Great Parks of Hamilton County’s policies, procedures, and performance expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is: High School Degree or GED with 3 years’ experience which evidences a comprehensive knowledge of park and golf course operation and/or management
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets GPHC current carrier guidelines
Pesticide License with Category 8: Turf or ability to obtain within first year of employment.
Typical starting range for this position is $20.00/hr depending on experience.
This position is posted until filled.
Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance; paid vacation, holidays and sick time; enrollment in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks of Hamilton County recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law
Go to Greatparks.org