Department: Grounds & Maintenance
Contact: Brian Pero | firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, you will assist the Golf Course Superintendents and other staff with daily maintenance and care of golf course turf, landscaping, irrigation, equipment, and facilities within assigned locations.
Trains, schedules, and directs part-time golf maintenance staff and provide input on improving guidelines and processes. Mows turn, applies turf chemicals, and ensures safe conditions for guests and staff. You will be responsible for meeting or exceeding the established standards for guest satisfaction.
• Carries out functional supervision responsibilities in accordance with RMS’ policies and procedures
• Performs chemical and fertilizer applications in a safe, responsible manner that provide desired, targeted results in accordance with label restrictions and product usage requirements • Maintains and reviews chemical application records. Inspects and calibrates equipment used for applications. records of all applications of chemicals and fertilizers made to golf course grounds • Collects daily information on course conditions and implements work flow with full-time and par-time staff to produce the best possible course conditions
• Organize daily tasks and goals, agronomic planning, execution strategies, and assessments of daily golf course status
• Communicates effectively with all departments, leadership, peers, and subordinates to implement plans for golf course set-up, maintenance activities, and agronomic project • Operates golf equipment and vehicles, or the ability to quickly learn proper and safe operation for daily maintenance and special projects
• Inspects greens surfaces for stress, disease and insect infestation, and quality of cut from mowers
• Competent to operated computerized irrigation control system, if applies
• Assists with snow removal from roadways, parking areas, and walkways
• Responds to public questions and represents RMS in a positive manner at all times • Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information
• Exhibits regular and punctual attendance
• Maintain a proficient knowledge of industry developments and completes required training Qualifications:
A degree or certificate from a 2-year or 4-year turf program, or an appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2+ years of experience (internships count)
Demonstrates excellent golf course management proficiencies and a desire to continually learn new skills and technical functions
Has solid decision making and critical thinking skills to help analyze and solve problems and efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision at times.
Possess excellent communication skills (both customer-facing and internally with team members) Has the ability to embrace a positive team-oriented approach during challenging circumstances Can quickly disseminate complicated technical information
Licensure or Certification Requirements
State-issued vehicle operator’s license
Pesticide License w/ Category 8: Turf or ability to obtain within the first year of employment
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
Benefits include: medical, dental, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
The Salary range for this position is $42,000 - $45,000 depending upon experience.