As a key member of the property’s golf course maintenance team, the Assistant Superintendentreports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and assists with the day‐to‐day oversight of the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 1‐3 years turf grass management experience required
• Supervisory experience required
• A four‐year college degree preferred, but not required
• GCSAA Member or apprentice preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
• Must possess basic computerskills – Word and Excel
• Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
• Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
• Must have exceptional communication and interpersonalskills
• Must possessstrong analytical and problem‐solving skills
• Supervises and trains foreman, irrigationstechnician and other employeesin the maintenance department • Prepares weekly schedulesfor foreman, irrigationsstaff and other employeesin the maintenance department • Monitorsinventory of all maintenance equipment and the use of the equipment, preventative maintenance schedule, and safety training
• Works closely with Superintendentin managing annual budget and maintenance recordkeeping • Works closely with Superintendentin preparing short‐term and long‐term agronomic strategiesto maintenance of the golf course daily, weekly, monthly and yearly fertilization, irrigation, etc. schedules
• Calibrates and operates pesticide sprayers
• Institute and implement all IGP Human Resources guidelines
• Assists Superintendentin informing members about present and future maintenance activities
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. • The employee is often required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
• They will occasionally be required to balance,stoop, twist upper body, kneel, and climb. • The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception. • Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, pollen, dust, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards.
• Noise level is typically moderate to loud
• Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
• Work weekends and holidays
All job descriptions are subject to a periodic review. Additional duties will be assigned occasionally by management. Indigo Golf Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a diverse environment